Royal Norwegian Embassy in Abu Dhabi located in Etihad Towers at Corniche, consists of the Embassy and the Consulate in Dubai, altogether 10 local employees and 5 diplomats. In addition, the Embassy is accredited to Kuwait and Qatar. The Embassy’s main goals are to develop and strengthen the bilateral relationship to the three accredited countries and provide consular assistance to Norwegian citizens living and working in the region.
Vacant positions as Visa Officers
The Royal Norwegian Embassy is seeking qualified and highly motivated team members for positions as full time Visa Officers. The Embassy will handle applications for visa and residence permits from UAE, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Pakistan and Afghanistan. The applicants should have at least two years of relevant work experience. The positions are vacant from 1 August 2018, and candidates that are selected must be able to start working for the Embassy from this date.
Duties and responsibilities
v The visa officers will be working on both visa and residence cases. The visa officers will be expected to carry out the following tasks, amongst others:
o Register applications
o Perform control of persons and documents (ID control)
o Print visa stickers
o Organize and file cases
o Handle incoming correspondence, e-mail queries and phone calls
o Conduct interviews with applicants
o Carry out DNA tests of applicants
o Receive applications in the Visa Section’s reception during opening hours (most applications are received through an external service provider).
o Other tasks may be assigned if needed
v The following qualifications are required:
o Fluency (written and oral) in English and in at least one of the following languages: Farsi, Urdu or Arabic
o Proficiency in computer software programs such as Microsoft Office, Word and Excel
o Relevant higher education (e.g. university degree). Long and relevant experience may compensate for higher education
v The following qualifications will be an advantage:
o Proficiency in one or more of the following languages: Dari or Pashto
o Good knowledge of legal framework and social and cultural situation in one or more of the following countries: Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan or Saudi Arabia.
o Experience from work with visa applications
Skills and competences
- Ability to work structured, independently and efficiently
- Strong communication skills, both written and orally
- Strong interpersonal skills, and ability to work in stressful situations
- Integrity, loyalty and a professional approach
- Practical and operational skills
- Honest and trustworthy
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Service minded
Terms and conditions
- Working contract according to local law
- Salary in accordance with education/experience and skills
- Working days: Sunday-Thursday 08-16
- Holidays: 25 days annual vacation
- The successful candidate should be a holder of a valid UAE residency visa as per UAE Labour law and Immigration requirements, or be able to obtain such a permit within a reasonable time.
How to apply
Your application should be submitted to email@example.com not later than 28. April and contain
- Curriculum vitae, motivation letter, reference letter from former employer(s), education/course certificate(s).
- Information on notice period of present employer, if relevant.
Please mark the subject field with: “APPLICATION FOR POSITION AS VISA OFFICER - your name”.