Sjømannskirken – Norwegian Church Abroad, is a non-profit organization with a commission from the Parliament to serve Norwegians abroad. 29 churches serve as social and cultural meeting places for around 700.000 annually. In addition, 7 chaplains cover around 80 countries visiting Norwegian communities and students. Norwegian oil installations in the North Sea are also frequently visited by chaplains.
Main office in Bergen, Norway.
Yearly budget 230 million NOK. (1/3 from the Government, 2/3 from private sponsors and companies)
- Around 800 weddings per year.
- 2400 visits to Norwegian vessels per year.
- 3500 visits to hospitalized per year.
- 1700 church services per year.
- 213 agreements with companies and universities on Emergency response and the handling of crises. We represent a resource for both Norwegian and international staff in these matters. See more here.
Here is a list of all the churches, some of them also have information in English.
In november each year you are welcome to visit the Christmas Fair. Then thechurches will be filled with Christmas decorations, candles, clothing, food and everything else you need to get a feel of Scandinavia.
Some of our churches have business lunches for all employees in Scandinavian companies. If you have further questions, please write to email@example.com or call + 47 55 55 22 55.